Organisations can join the ECSPM as members or partners, as per the criteria below.
The ECSPM currently offers Membership to:
- European organisations whose principal activities relate to (a) promoting and facilitating the implementation of policies and (b) creating conditions for individual and collective multilingualism in all aspects of social life, education, culture and the arts in Europe.
- Centres, institutes, academic units whose principal activity is carrying out research related to:
- bilingualism and multilingualism
- language, discourse(s) and culture
- translation, cross-language and intercultural mediation
- language learning, teaching and testing
- plurilingual competence and the development of (multi)literacies
- learning and maintaining heritage and minority languages
If an organisation is interested in joining the ECSPM as a Member, they must fill in the ECSPM application form and send it to the ECSPM Secretariat, so that the application is considered by the Executive Committee.
The annual membership subscription is decided annually by the General Assembly, at which all Members have the right to vote. In 2018 it has been decided that the annual fee has been set at €200,00.
The ECSPM also signs Partnership Agreements with:
- European civil societies active in areas that concern the ECSPM
- organisations in Europe and beyond, focusing on people: their ability to learn, teach and use languages, access culture, participate as active citizens and benefit from better communication and employment.
Benefits of ECSPM Membership:
- Represented in ECSPM interventions, communicated to the European Commission and the European Parliament (Note that the ECSPM is in the EC Transparency Register)
- Receiving information disseminated by the European Commission multilingualism policy officers
- Informed about events related to languages and multilingualism taking place in Europe and beyond
- Take part in European projects
- Access to the ECSPM electronic discussion forum
- Invitations to attend ECSPM meetings, conferences and other events
- Opportunities to build international links through the ECSPM network
- Institutional profile on the ECSPM website