The ECSPM currently offers membership to:
European organisations whose principal activities relate to (a) promoting and facilitating the implementation of policies and (b) creating conditions for individual and collective multilingualism in all aspects of social life, education, culture and the arts in Europe.
University centres, institutes, academic units whose principal activity is carrying out research related to:
- bilingualism and multilingualism
- language, discourse(s) and culture
- translation, cross-language and intercultural mediation
- language learning, teaching and testing
- plurilingual competence and the development of (multi)literacies
- learning and maintaining heritage and minority languages.
If interested in joining the ECSPM:
- Fill in the ECSPM application form
- Send completed form to the ECSPM Secretariat at: multilingualism[at]ecspm.org
The annual membership subscription is decided by the General Assembly. In 2018 it was decided that the annual fee remain €200.
The ECSPM also signs Partnership Agreements with European civil societies and specialized networks as well as institutions in Europe and beyond which are active in areas of concern to ECSPM.
Benefits of ECSPM membership and partnership:
- Participating in ECSPM interventions, communicated to the European Commission and the European Parliament (Note that the ECSPM is in the EC Transparency Register)
- Receiving information disseminated by the European Commission multilingualism policy officers
- Being informed about events related to languages and multilingualism taking place in Europe and beyond
- Taking part in European research and educational projects
- Accessing the ECSPM electronic discussion forum
- Receiving invitations to attend ECSPM meetings, symposia, conferences and other events
- Opportunities to build international links through the ECSPM network
- Institutional profile on the ECSPM website.